Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Merchants of Malmsbury is the name of a cafe in Malmsbury which is owned by a friend. Malmsbury is outside Melbourne on the Bendigo road (north-west from Melbourne) and is about one and a half hours drive from Melbourne on freeway all the way. The freeway ends just before the road goes into Malmsbury.

I believe this building used to belong to the merchant who supplied a wide variety of goods to the small local community and surrounding countryside.

My friend who owns this cafe (Len Johnston) is also a published photographer. I didn't know this until I went to an exhibition he was holding the day I took this photo. (If you can see this photo in large version, you will be able to see frames on the wall of the inside front section of the cafe - in the golden light). His CV told me he had been published in quite a few photographic journals over the years. It also told me he had had many exhibits of his work. I have been to two of them. The others happened when I wasn't living in Melbourne. It surprised me that I thought I knew this man but found that there were large chunks of his life that I didn't know much about at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

That looks like a charming place!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home