Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006




It's been such grey, foggy, cold weather in Melbourne to mark the beginning of winter that I decided I needed to post photos of the sun and people having fun in the sun.

Both photos today were taken in March, 2006 -- the day prior to the start of the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Lots of people were out and about at Federation Square and Southbank and along the Yarra River -- both sides -- looking at the 'fish' and watching the set-up activities along the river for the grand opening ceremony. These kids found a lovely grassy hill to roll or run or walk down just near the river walkway. Parents were sitting in the sun and watching their kids have a really great time.

Some kids who rolled down the hill were very unsteady on their feet for a moment or two when they stood up. That didn't stop them. Once they regained their balance, they were off up to the top to roll / run / walk down again.

Nice memories for a cold, grey day in Melbourne town!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Very nice images...

9:45 pm  
Blogger micki said...

Fun shots, Chris!!

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home