Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Monday, October 08, 2012

Yarra Valley Winery Tour - 7th October 2012

Yesterday, Debbie, Marj and I finally had our winery tour which we had been trying to organise for a year or two.  We were driven by Wild Wombat tour owner, Yvette, in luxury and style.  We visited the Innocent Bystander Cellar Door and were treated to the first wine tasting of the day.  Apart from their wines, goods to look out for were their breads and cheeses.
 
The next stop was at the Chandon Cellar Door.  Below are a few photos from our stop here.  This is a beautiful winery and they produce sensational wines -- my opinion -- which I very much look forward to drinking.  :-)
 
After the Chandon visit, we wandered over to Mandala cellar door where we had a further entertaining and informative wine tasting session prior to lunch which was served in a light, airy restaurant and was sensational. 
 
Further photos show our visit to Punt Road cellar door where we went specifically to try (and buy) their crisp, delicious apple and pear ciders prior to returning to Melbourne.
 
Photos I did not take were at The Dairy where we had cheese and wine tastings.  If you ever visit the Yarra Valley, do yourself a favour and visit The Dairy and try their cheeses -- a MUST!  You WILL buy them because they are melt-in-the-mouth good! 
 
  The grounds of Chandon.

  Our group at the door.

  Debbie, Marj and I after a sensational lunch at Mandala Cellar Door.

  New apple trees in bloom at Punt Road.  These are planted for mechanical harvesting.

  Apple blossom.

  The old apple trees and the new with the Dandenong ranges in the background.

  Punt Road Cellar Door

  Playing Bocce out the back at Punt Road while enjoying a cool cider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home