Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, June 23, 2006




On my way home tonight I took both of these pictures. The golden sunset was taken at 6:05 pm from the 9th floor of The Royal Women's Hospital. Settings were 1/250 f7.1 105mm focal length. Auto white balance. The photo of a building at Melbourne University was taken from ground level looking up at 6:15pm. Settings were 1/50 f4.5 55mm focal length. Tungsten light setting. You'd think you were in a totally different place. Both photos were taken within half a kilometer of each other. No filters or other post production was carried out on these images (except for a light sharpening).

1 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

What a great way to end your work day and start your evening, Chris! Love that top shot especially. Our eyes are capable of seeing so much more of the subtle differences in colors and tones that film and sensors can't; and makes the differences in these two shots that much more noticeable.

10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home