Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Saturday, October 21, 2006







After spending the day in the garden, working very hard, I thought it fitting to put up some photos of my lovely flowers. The apricot rose is one of my favourite roses. It opens up to saucer size and is beautiful, although it has no perfume. The catcus is such an inocuous plant but the flowers are stunning when they come out. The white flowers are rain lily's. This is the first year they have flowered for me and they look stunning. There are a lot of flowers in a 'head'. I was very impressed with the macro shots of them. They had lots of tiny bugs on them and through the lens you can see that these bugs actually spread the pollen very well. The black centre glows ... it almost looks like a hard jelly. I hope you enjoy these images.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

Of course when we are going into our nasty cold, windy, dull winter, you are getting your flowers, sure helps to look at them when it’s rainy and cold here.
Nice work as always. Love the while one especially.
Miss you at the board, a wedding was just posted, you might want to check it out.

Bee

9:57 pm  
Blogger micki said...

Chris, these blossoms are some of the lovliest I've seen, and your images are spectacular!! I love the dark centers. Very nice work!!

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home