Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, December 01, 2006




Life has been a little hectic of late so I haven't had a chance to post any images. Yesterday I took a half day off work to take photos at my daughter's 2nd book launch (she's the editor). I was paid a small amount to do this. I had to hire a camera (a Canon 30D) and discovered when I arrived home at around midnight that the colour was not right. It looked alight on the LCD screen. All the photos were of people and most of the people have a greenish tinge to their skin. A disaster!!! I think I can fix them in Photoshop but I'm not very proficient in the use of this program. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

These two images of sailboarders were taken last weekend using my Canon EOS 30 film camera. Consequently I have no idea of the Exif (?) data. I was using ISO 400 film and my 70-300mm lens with a 300mm focal length. I have no idea of apperture or shutter speed. However they were taken late afternoon, around 5:30pm. I just love the colour and texture of the water and the fact that the only real colour is on the sails themselves. I hope you enjoy them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shot. T fix the greenish tinge you need to adjust the colour balance of the image, reduce the greens and up the reds and yellows a little.

11:26 pm  
Blogger micki said...

Fab shots, Chris!! The beautiful dancing light on the water caught my attention immediately.

Suby is the master of PS and PP. Do ask him how to salvage your images...tell him I sent you. Go here. Good luck.

1:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home