Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Monday, May 14, 2007



I have just returned to Melbourne from Taraleagh, a beautiful holiday resort in Tasmania. Friends of mine have moved there to work and invited me over for the weekend. These red toadstools were growing outside the Scholars accommodation (the old schoolhouse).

Taraleagh was once a hydro electric town: that is, the town existed to house workers on the various hydro electric schemes being built in the area. Once the electricity plants and accompanying structures were built, Taraleagh slowly closed down as workers moved on to other work.

Recently the property was bought and has been restored as a holiday resort. There is a range of accommodation available from five star luxury at The Lodge, through cottages (all beautifully restored), The Scholars, Backpackers, powered and unpowered caravan and tent sites. There is a general store/reception area, a cafe and a tavern.

Over the next few days I will post other images I took from the area. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the Red Toadstools!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home