Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Sunday, July 02, 2006



I did a photo shoot today in the Melbourne Botanic Gardens for an online class I'm taking (last week). Part of the lesson this week looked at when to take a landscape image in landscape layout and when to use portrait layout specifically to highlight the centre of interest in the landscape. The first shot is of the tower at Government House (near the gardens) and the second shot shows more of the house above the treeline. I prefer the second image ... it has a sense of peace and calmness about it. It was a horrible day to do a shoot. The sun came out for a minute or two only... however, I did get some lovely shots.

1 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

That is exactly the effect of a verticle shot, to bring energy to the scene. The horizontal shots are peaceful.

Frankly, though, I do like both of these images!

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home