Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006




Yesterday afternoon, my son let my two dogs escape from the house to have an adventure by themselves. He left the front door open which invited them to take a stroll. Needless to say he was devastated and got quite hysterical. After searching for many hours into the night, this morning one was found at the Lost Dogs Home and the other one was on the way to the Home in a Council vehicle when my daughter rang the Council. Thankfully, that one was brought straight home and the other one had to be liberated by my son (he had to pay the bill).

After an emotional night, I decided to reflect my mood by posting these images of sculptures at Docklands. There has been many a conversation had about whether or not the 'rails' are in fact a sculpture or not. It is also thought they might be a bike parking rail. Given the location of these sculptures, it was quite difficult to photograph them and not have a lot of busy background in the image. They are certainly weird structures!!

2 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

I'm so glad the dogs made it home! Your poor son! We all make mistakes, but I'm glad you made him pay. That will ensure he's more careful next time.

I agree that the top shot looks like a place to park your bike. In the second image I see a garden or a park. Kinda cool!

4:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

after our lunch in Williamstown I was keen to look up your blog - I love the photos, particularly of the hot air balloons! I feel particularly blessed with having been up twice myself: a few years ago Greg bought me a trip for my birthday and I enjoyed it so much that we bought trips for both boys one christmas when we couldn't think of what to buy them (but it had been a particularly shit year, so we wanted something calming, uplifting and memorable). Neither of them used their certificates till they were about to expire and eventually Morgan explained he was actually afraid of heights (I had never noticed before!) and the thought of going up in a wicker basket made him want to vomit! So he kindly gave me his certificate and Hugh and I made the trip together. It was wonderful - again. Very much like sailing, except that you go up and across rather than along...but quiet. I would recommend it as an experience!

I enjoyed seeing you again and look forward to seeing more of your photos. I don't have a blog myself (being somewhat technologically inept) but if you ever want to communicate my email is : hagfest@optusnet.com.au

If you want to take photos of Rickett's Point Marine Sanctuary and combine it with lunch and a glass of wine, do think of me!!

cheers, Mary

6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home