Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006


I had an interesting experience tonight. A work colleague and friend of my husband is also a painter and a very good one. He asked if he could see my photos and asked if I would be interested in letting him use some of them to paint and, if they sell, I get 10% of the price of the painting. Apart from the thrill of that, he looked at my photos from quite a different perspective ... a painters perspective. He is particularly interested in night scenes with lots of rich colours and, preferably, photos of familiar Melbourne landmarks which is what he has found sells well. This photo of the Carlton Post Office in Elgin Street really caught his eye. He liked the golden colour on the old building with the pool of light to the left of the building and the green window outline below the building. Listening to him explain why he liked the photo made me look at the image in a new way ... a very exciting way! I hope you like it as much as he did.

2 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Oh Chris, that IS good news! Congratulations!

3:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this image is great! I love the perspective and composition with the lighting. Well Taken

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home