Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, August 04, 2006





I tried for half an hour last night to upload to this site but just could not get through. Anyone else have this trouble?

Last Saturday on my way home from Frankston, I decided to find a park I had seen from the Westgate Bridge and take photos of the bridge. It was a very cold night with a high wind ... bad enough to move the camera even when on a tripod and being held steady. When I arrived at the park, there were four cars parked but I couldn't see any people. I was a little apprehensive about being in this area by myself at night but toughed it out anyway. After taking one shot of the bridge with a hand-held camera, I realised the futility of doing this so went to my car and collected my tripod. As I was extending the tripod, one of the parked cars started up and left the parking area. Immediately afterwards, the other three cars followed until I was left alone. Very spooky! They obviously did not like my tripod and camera. Mmmmm. I wonder what they were all doing?!! The top image was taken from this car park but the second and third images were taken half a kilometer away on the other side of the bridge. A much better perspective I think. I really liked the image of the wire fence with the blurred lights from the bridge behind it. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

I saw that quite a few folks had trouble with Blogger yesterday. It goes through its quirks...frustrating, but what are ya gonna do?

Lovely night images! That bottom shot is my favorite, too!

12:36 am  
Blogger fotojo said...

Yes, I have that problem too sometimes with Blogger. I just wait til the next day and all is usually fixed by then. That was a scary expedition to take the bridge photos, but they are great, and yes, I too love the lights on the bottom photo all abstracted.

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home