Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, July 21, 2006




On my way to work this morning, I had another adventure with hot air balloons. Anyone who knows me knows that I get very excited and feel uplifted when I see these monsters floating gracefully across the sky. As I was walking to the tram to go to work, I turned the corner and there they were, hanging in the still morning air (this is when the first photo was taken). There were six of them altogether, the most I have seen in the air at the one time ever. I followed their flight while travelling on the tram (and took the second photo) and discovered they were heading in the same direction as I was going. They were heading for a landing in Royal Park. The tram travels through Royal Park so I got out and madly started taking photos. The third photo shows the house balloon already on the ground and the Sunrise balloon coming in to land. As I was already late for work, I figured I didn't have time to go closer to all of them who landed in the park ... pity! I'll post other photos of these balloons to my website tonight (http://community.webshots.com/user/chrisfry54 ) in case anyone else loves them as much as I do and would like to have a look.

1 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

A floating bank balloon is too cool!! Never seen anything like that!

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home