Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, January 26, 2007



I was so pleased with myself this morning. On a public holiday, I managed to talk myself into getting out of bed by 5:30am and going to Docklands to do a photo shoot, similar to one I did previously. I was very surprised to find Docklands full of sailing boats -- or yatchs I suppose they are called. They certainly spoilt my view of the Bolte Bridge and the city. This yatch is an ocean-going yatch called Scandia. It turns out there was an "Around the Bay" regatta being held today for Australia Day. This yatch had such a tall mast that it had to be lowered to get under the Bolte Bridge. I was reliably informed that the start of the regatta was 3/4 of an hour away and that there would be in excess of 400 yatchs taking part. I raced to Williamstown (the start) and took many photos of hundreds of yatches. I will probably post some of the photos I took of all the yatches over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home