Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007


To continue the macro theme that I have been developing of late, this image of a Swamp Foxtail Grass stem has left me gasping. When you look at the stem with the eye only, it is a fluffy stem of grass. What you don't see until you look through the macro lens is the many flowers on the stem and the delicate but vibrant colours of the flowers. I have never before thought of grass as having flowers but here they are.

3 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

The macro lens allows us to see much that we miss because we don't stop and examine the amazing world around us. I think that's why we photographers are so cool! We study that hidden world with many different lenses. Great shot, Chris.

11:05 pm  
Blogger micki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:05 pm  
Blogger micki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home