Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Friday, February 02, 2007


I've had the photo blues of late and have just now started to take more photos. Today's photos, however, are from before Christmas when I received my Christmas present, an 17-35mm EF lens. I was testing out the lens around my workplace and took these photos of a rest/smoking area outside my building, the Kathleen Syme Education Centre in Carlton, Melbourne. This building is a heritage-listed building and was one of the first (if not the first) school in Melbourne. Someone came into the building the other day and said they went to school here in 1954. I am uncertain how long the Royal Melbourne Hospital has owned the building. However, as the name suggests, the building is still used for educational purposes as well as to house the Newborn Emergency Transport Service (NETS) where I work.

As for the lens ... it's a lovely lens for taking big group photos, landscape without any structures in it and I'm not sure what else as yet. I do know if trying to take landscapes with structures in the image, like these photos, the edges have that 'curled in' effect that architectural buildings get if photographed without the appropriate lens.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home