Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Monday, August 28, 2006




Again, while on holiday at the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, I spent a day at the Steve Irwin 'Australia Zoo'... the "crikey" bloke! This zoo was the most amazing, beautifully laid-out zoo I have ever seen. All the animals are in peak condition and are obviously extremely well-cared for. It is really obvious that any money Steve and his wife Terri make is ploughed back into the zoo. There are big plans underway to enlarge the zoo from approx 80 hectares to 300 hectares. If you ever get to Australia, I highly recommend you visit this zoo if you have the opportunity. Although I have started with photos of the crocodile, Marco, I will post various photos of other animals at the zoo over the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These images just make me want to go there even more. No idea why I have not managed to get there, its only about an hour away and I have never heard anything but good about the place.

6:43 pm  
Blogger micki said...

Great images, Chris! Right after a visit to your place, my next stop would have to be this zoo!

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home