Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am mother to two young adults in their mid to late 20's. I work in the medical field as an admin officer/personal assistant. I look forward to the day when I can spend heaps more time taking and making photographs. However, for now, the bills have to be paid. I married a jazz musician many, many years ago. My adopted home is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I am originally from North Queensland... a tropical place!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006





Following on from David Kleinert's bird photos from Toronga Zoo in Sydney, these photos of a blue and red mawcaw were taken at the Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. Free-flight birds seem the current fashion for entertainment at zoos. Very impressive they are too! Apart from these two mawcaws, I saw a kookaburra being trained but it was obviously not up to performance standard at the moment. I have a feeling they also fly a wedge-tailed eagle but I didn't see it in flight ... only on a trainers hand. I'll post some photos of the eagle another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Great in-flight catch, Chris! Awesome colors as well.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Great stuff, thanks for the compliments. Love that lilly at the bottom.

I'll add your link to my photoblog links if ya don't mind ;)

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home